During the Baroque Era, it occurs a great artistic activity in our region. Numerous temples were restored and rebuilt to the fashion of the time.
Parish temples in towns such as Cutanda, Pozuel del Campo, El Poyo del Cid, Báguena, Lechago, Navarrete, Villarejo, Torrijo del Campo, Loscos, Villafranca del Campo, Caminreal, Ferreruela de Huerva, Burbáguena, Collados, Valverde, Lagueruela, Olalla, Fonfría, Ojos Negros, Torrecilla del Rebollar or Peracense were restored at some point between the 17th and the 18th centuries.
The parish church of Bañon or the convent church of Báguena specially stand out by the beauty of its interiors, decorated in gypsum sgraffito. In its exterior design highlight mainly the towers, most of them built in bricks following the stylistic language developed in the Mudejar Art.
Other localities would remodel their temples such as the cases of Fuentes Claras, Bueña, Singra or Calamocha. This last one adds several sections to its church of the 16th century, completed with a splendid front altarpiece.
Something similar occurs with the chapels, building numerous new buildings like the Virgen del Campo´s chapel in Villafranca, the one of the Virgen de la Carrasca in Blancas, Virgen de las Mercedes in Odón, the one of the Virgen de la Silla in Fonfría, the Santa Engracia´s in Ojos Negros, Virgen de los Olmos in Tornos, Virgen del Rosario in Luco de Jiloca, the chapel of the Santos in Villahermosa or La Virgen del Moral in El Poyo del Cid.
A singular case among the chapels built in the 18th century is the Greek cross floor plan, having several examples in the San Roque´s chapel in Loscos, the Santo Sepulcro´s chapel in Lagueruela, the Santa Ana´s chapel in Cucalón or the San Bartolomé´s one in Santa Cruz de Nogueras.
Buildings like the Virgen de los Navarros´ chapel in Fuentes Claras or the Virgen de las Cuevas´chapel in Caminreal or the Pelarda´s chapel in Olalla were remodeled.
More than three hundred preserved altarpieces made on that era are documented, presenting its own evolution depending on the specific period in which they were built, standing out the workshop of the Navarro, in Caminreal, that made a stylistic renovation between the years 1740 and 1760. It highlights the altarpiece of the church in Caminreal.